Datum primary specialty is in database administration and DBA services for all
Oracle versions from 7.x up to 10g on Unix, Linux, Windows NT platforms.
The services we offer range from software installation and configuration through
24x7 monitoring and ongoing maintenance to data migration, software updates and
other specialized large and small projects.
A unique service Datum offers to customers is:
Remote database administration services are an ideal solution for:
organizations that do not require a full-time DBA to fulfill their database support
companies that have a need for Oracle database administration but cannot justify the cost of a full-time DBA
companies that have their own administrators on-staff but need additional support for a specific task or project
There are three main reasons for using a Datum DBA service:
- High Quality - Junior Oracle DBA's are the bane of corporate IT.
More than 75% of all Oracle database outages are attributable to human error.
By hiring the services of Datum, companies avoid the potential downtime.
- Low Cost - With DBA services, you buy only those DBA services that
you require, and only at the levels you require the service.
Full-time Oracle DBAs commonly cost a lot and require more for proper training
per year to keep them current with the technology.
- High Availability - With remote DBA support you can be assured that
your database is being supported by a competent professional
who is thoroughly familiar with your database.
Database Expertise & Consulting:
- Database Health Checks (Evaluate configuration, security, audit, performance, and implementation of best practices)
- Database Analysis and Design: User requirements, database functionality, logical and physical design, data modelling.
- Database Management, Upgrades and Migrations (Installations, patches, planning, replication, high availability assessments and implementation)
- Database High Availability (Implementation of DataGuard - physical and logical databases, RAC (Real Application Clusters), Oracle Streams)
- Performance Optimization (Response time, scalability, server configuration, code changes, reducing hardware and software costs, working with developers to improve the performance of SQL and PL/SQL and troubleshooting)
- Ongoing Production Support (Onsite and remote database administration)
- Backup and Recovery (Review for best practices, implementation, and validation)
- Capacity Planning (Analysis, data collection, and projection)
Outsourced Administration & Services:
- MS Backoffice
Tailored & Custom Applications:
- Custom applications that meet customer needs and satisfy specific or generic business needs
- Support Packages depending the criticality & availability
- 24x7 Support
- Account management
- Support level tailored to customer